Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bye Bye Binkie

Beckham is finally done with the Binkie.
Its been 4 days.
It became very official when we made it through church without it.


In fact it was very funny this week.

I was on the stand since I was speaking in church. John had early morning meetings and so I was the one who brought all the boys to church. After the opening song John looks up at me on the stand and makes a sucking face frantically asking where the binkie is. I just smile and slowly shake my head no . Then I see panic on poor Johns face. First Sacrament meeting without the binkie and hes all alone with the boys. Don't worry though Beckham contented himself on the handful of the sacrament bread that he swiped while John was trying to pass it.

Guess how it finally happened?
Think I just buckled down and threw them all away?


Nope, Becks decided for himself by officially losing all 4 of them.

I always figured I was losing the battles but that I would win the war but he proved me wrong.

Final score: Becks 5 - Mom 0
(he just better not have a secret stash somewhere-all boys in the house have been informed if they find one to throw it away! I'm pretty sure John is going to hide one for church though since he usually has Becks with him)

UPDATED: Apparently he did have a stash. I went in to get him up from his nap and there he was sucking away. That binkie is now it the trash, and I remembered that we lost one at the Mall. So 2 down and 2 more to find and throw away!

2 comments:

The Hamlin Family said...

Your family is looking good Lisa...I can't believe how big your boys are...especially Beckham!!! Time sure does fly. I need to get rid of Troy's binkies...but I wanted to wait until he got a tooth because teething can be brutal!!!

SLO Rober said...

That's how we finally broke Ty of his binky - he lost them all. Of course we were a bit lazy about finally getting around to breaking Ty of the habit. Three is not too old, right?