Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 Goals

"Goals are stars to steer ourselves by, not sticks to beat ourselves with"
  • I read a talk from this last General Conference of our Church that struck me deeply. You can read it here but in it he talked about Temperance. Defined as moderation or self-restraint in action, self-control. We live in world of road rage and anger. I want to learn to be more in control of my actions and not react so quickly to situations, especially with my kiddos.
  • I want to procrastinate less. So many times I think I need to do that...this year I just want to do it right then! I have so many half done projects. I want to finish more. I want to DO. Not INTEND.
  • I want to lose 32 more pounds. I want to lose 28 of it by my birthday in June.
  • I want to take better care of the house. This probably goes with the procrastination goal but I just want to feel like our house is in better control.
  • As far as my new skill I want to learn this year I want to learn to shoot on full manual mode in my camera comfortably.
Its going to be a good year, I can feel it already!

1 comment:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Great goals! Your #2 is for sure on my list!

Thanks for last night! Even though we had people ditch (okay, their babysitters ditch) and it was just a few of us it was a blast! I told Scott we FOR SURE need to do that "no kids" hanging out more! It was much needed!