Sunday, December 20, 2009

The sweetest song

Today was our ward Choir performance. I love to sing and have wanted to join the choir for a while now but it just never seems to work out. I was determined to make it work this time but Johns truck wont fit all 3 boys to come home after church when the choir practices. I asked Caleb if he wanted to join the choir with me and he agreed but said he didn't want to perform. Two weeks ago he agreed to sing in the Christmas program with us.

Today when the choir stood up to perform, he stood by me clutching my hand. We sang and it was beautiful. I think I was more moved by the sweet little hand holding tight to mine than anything else.

After we were done with our first song and sat down he whispered to me,

"Hey Mom, that wasn't so bad."

It was a wonderful experience and I'm so glad that we get to keep singing together.

2 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

I think that is so totally awsome! Good for you for joining the choir!

Abbie said...

I noticed him up there with you and I also noticed him holding you hand tightly. I thought that was the sweetest thing! He looked at me once and smiled and I could tell he was so happy to be up there with you. You have some great boys!