Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

That's right! Go Cougars! John and I headed to Las Vegas yesterday with our friend Adam for a quick trip to the bowl game where we were suppose to lose but instead we destroyed Oregon St!

Can you see the cold in this picture?
How about feel the raging wind!?!



Holy Cow it was WIN-DY!

They couldn't do the F-16 flyby because of it and instead they flew the Military Helicopters right over the stadium which was still incredibly cool (although I'm not sure that it was worth my sprint from the car because I didn't want John to miss the F-16's. He had to meet the guy with our tickets and so I parked the car way down the street from the stadium. Actually it was worth it- I love our men and women of the Armed Forces.)

In fact before the game they brought out the huge field flag and with the wind that banner was waving! In fact so much so that some of the guys holding it were being lifted off of the ground.


I almost cried when the BYU Band rushed the field and went down there to support the Armed Forces. Seriously it was so touching.


And for the record...the Oregon Band stayed in their seats :)

It was FUN! It was a FAST trip! It was WORTH it because we WON!

2 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

Dad and I felt sorry for you guys in that cold and wind, but after reading your blog, I don't feel so bad anymore. So glad you love the USA and that your patriotic, I love our Country too! You look beautiful in that photo too.

Mark and/or Lisa said...

What an awesome game that was indeed. #2 PAC 10 vs. #2 in the MWC. Also beautiful because the #1 in the MWC could trash the #1 in the PAC 10 as well.