Saturday, January 2, 2010

Primary

It hit me last week as I saw Davis leaving the Primary room that tomorrow he will leave Nursery at Church and head to Primary.


This means instead of just playing for 2 hours after our main Sacrament meeting he will have an actual class time and he will also have an hour where he will do sharing time, talks, and singing time.

I don't know what to think.

When did Davis become a Preschooler?
In my mind I can see that he is. My heart just doesn't feel it.

I feel like I missed his toddler years.

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel like he was neglected at all in his toddler years, rather I missed enjoying them. It was hard with all of the complications with Beckham and all that entails for me especially emotionally. I don't feel like I had the time to wrap my mind around all of the growing up that he was doing.

Then suddenly in the blink of an eye the toddler years are over and there is this amazing little boy in front of me.

Sometimes I get so sad that I wont get to experience having another baby. But at times like today when I see Davis has grown up before I had a chance to feel well enough to enjoy each of the stages of his life, I feel peace with our decision to be done with the baby bearing years.

He summed it up nicely in the store the other day when a lady in the checkout like told him he was cute...

"I'm NOT cute. I'm a BIG boy!"

Yes, you are Davis...but you are a really CUTE BIG BOY!

2 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

I love reading your blog. And thank you for changing mine. That is so thoughtful of you to do. I'm looking forward to Primary tomorrow, but I will be getting kids that are turning 5 coming from age 3. umm, don't know how that works, but can you retain a kid just because they won't behave? I know Davis will be a big boy and behave just fine.

Boons said...

I can't believe he's a Sunbeam now! Such a big boy. I hope his first day went well!