Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers Day

I know that in so many ways I am blessed.
I believe that one of my biggest blessings is to have John be the Father of my children.


He is amazing and engaged in their lives. He can see past the little things to the big picture. He doesn't get so caught up with the behaviors and stages as I do as a Mom, he sees past that. He has a way of diffusing whatever the kids problems are in matter of seconds and getting them to laugh. He is so fun loving and is just what I need when I get in focused Mommy mode.

I was looking at him today and noticed how much he has filled out since we were married. His shoulders are so much broader and his face. I don't really know how to describe it but when we got married we both looked so young. Now he is all Man. He is a great man. He is a great example for our boys. He works hard and is always pushing himself to be better. This year he has especially faced some things that have tested his strength and made him stretch as a person. I am proud of him. Proud of his struggle against what is comfortable and ingrained inside of himself to become a better Man.

He is our provider, our protector, our hero.
And he does it so perfectly.

No comments: