Friday, January 15, 2010

Took a little trip

We drove up to SLC on Wednesday night. John had a work meeting and we went to stay with him. We like this work meeting because we get to stay in the Provo Marriott which super nice. I love their down comforters and their Bath and Body Works lotions and shampoos.

Not Beckhams best way to spend his birthday but we sang Happy Birthday to him while we were all in the hotel pool and let it echo in the emptiness of the indoor pool room. He liked it. He also got to eat part of a Chocolate chip cookie at Subway on the way up and I think that might have been his first taste of chocolate. Could there be a better present!

I got to visit with Tyece which always makes me happy. She is so wise and I walked away uplifted.

Stocked up on all the things I love from Macy's that always seem to be on sale when I'm there. I really miss shopping there! Even John gets exited about the sales there. Our best find, BYU beanies for $7...at the grocery store. That's why I love Provo. We bought 2.

The boys were excited to see the snow. Caleb thought it was magical to step on it in his socks.

After Johns meeting we got to go see Grandma Caroline who was in SLC for a convention. She took us to dinner in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building at the Roof. Now I understand why so many people use to get engaged there when I was at BYU. The temple was fuzzy through the fog as we ate our delicious and beautiful dinners.

Drove the 4 hour drive with 5 stops to pull in at 1 am.
Its good to be home.
My house is a WRECK!!!!

3 comments:

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Sounds like a cool little trip. Those are always fun... and did that indoor pool have a huge fish mosaic and fake front yards in front of the rooms?!?!? hmmmm???.... didn't think so.

Grandma Caroline said...

It was best because John excerised his priesthood to give me a blessing! I started to come down with the achy flu the morning you came, and besides having the boys scream "grandma" in the Family HIstory Center which made my day, the blessing made me well, so all, in all, I'm so glad you visited too!

Grandma Caroline said...

John, thanks for excersing your priesthood and thanks for being such a wonderful husband and father to my daughter and grandkids!