Sunday, January 10, 2010

My B-I-G announcement came on a bad day

Today, I was so excited to reveal to you something that I have been giddy about and worked hard on. It just came on a bad day. You see today I felt like my photography came under some criticism from a friend.

I felt like I had been punched. I wanted to disappear.

I later expressed my feelings, they apologized and told me how they really hadn't meant it the way it had come out. All the hurt feelings are put aside and over tonight.

I think the hardest part about everything, from starting my first photo shoot to today is putting myself out there.

You see photography is a leap for me. I don't like people to see me improve at something. Its a hard process for me to be that vulnerable. Ive put my neck out on the line and jumped in with both feet. Its been hard!

SO HARD!

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of me. You have no idea how much it has made a difference to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. To keep trying, keep learning. My first class starts a week from Thursday and I am so excited!

I have some amazing friends. One particular friend did something so nice for me that I still can hardly believe it. He builds websites and he helped me start one. He helped me buy a domain name and with his wife's help I came up with a name and logo.

Thank you so much Scott and Pam!

So here it is my friends; my B-I-G announcement

The Vintage Image
(Click on the words above to see my site)

14 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Woohoo! Here is to a AMAZING year for you and The Vintage Image.

Raelyn said...

WOW Lisa...that is amazing! It is a beautiful website....and I am so sure that it will lead to much success! Your photography is beautiful...I absolutely love to look at it! I love the name too!

Geoff Steurer said...

Lisa!! I am SO PROUD OF YOU! Honestly, I haven't had the guts to put myself out there yet with my photography, so this is truly inspiring! Great photos, great site, and a fabulous "about me" picture of yourself! We loved looking through your site tonight and can't wait to see your portfolio grow. What a fabulous announcement! - Geoff & Jody

Larry and Leah said...

Nice website, especially those family shots at the beach.

Karla DeCamp said...

How awesome!
I knew it was only a matter of time for you:) I love how your photographs make me feel. You have a real talent for capturing such personality within each photo. Websites are so much fun, yet I know how hard they are so I commend you for all of the hard work I know you've put into this. I will tell you something though as you head into your classes. Don't ever let anyone tell you how to take YOUR photograph. That is why you are unique...it's through your eyes!
Also, little missy...you need to change that "about me" section. You are a professional photographer!
Love love LOVE it Lisa. It's an incredible feeling waking up every day loving what you do. I'm so happy you get to experience this:)

Lawther family said...

oh yeah... you are amazing and I love you to pieces. This year is going to be great for you! You do beautiful work. :)

SLO Rober said...

Way to go! We think it's awesome.

Grandma Caroline said...

I'm proud of you Lisa.

jakenapril said...

a.maz.ing! the website is awesome...and so are you. a big leap, that's for sure, but it's a leap worth taking. good luck and i hope it just gets bigger and better! :)

Megan said...

That is so very exciting... It is B-I-G news... Maybe one day, I will be were you are. Congrats!!!

Boons said...

How exciting for you! We know you'll do great!

Abbie said...

LOVE IT!!! You are amazing!

Campbell Family said...

How awesome for you! great website name also...I loved browsing it. Your pictures are amazing. smiles!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Very nice pictures. Very nice logo and website too.

You're big time now!