Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A decade....

For some reason until about a minute ago I didn't really think about it being a new decade. This really is a new start. A new beginning of so much.

I was reading the blog of someone I don't really know off of someones blog who I do know (you know you do it too!) and she wrote of the things she would see in the next decade and it shocked me to think about what I will see...here goes.

All 3 of my children will be baptized
2 of my boys will get the Priesthood
No kids left in Elementary School
Two of my boys will become teenagers
One of my boys will have a drivers license
One of my boys will be able to DATE!
One of my boys will be in High School
I will see my 40's
I will see John have a meltdown about to turn 40

In just 10 little years from now that will all have happened.

Then I take a look back at the last 10 years and think of everything that has happened:

Moved to Seattle to live a childhood dream
Attended the University of Washington for semester
Graduated from College
Supported myself financially
Got Married
Moved 11 times
Saw John through College
Had 3 children
Lost one baby
Saw John get his first career job
Bought our first home
Saw John get his second real job
Sold our first home
Built a home
Bought 4 cars, sold 3 cars


Its been a big 10 years for me! They have been wonderful and challenging all at the same time. I'm so grateful to my Parents for helping me get the best start I could! They really made my life as I know it now possible!
I am so excited for the next 10 years!

I know, I know...my B-I-G announcement. Its coming I promise!

6 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

So fun! I might just have to copy it. haha :) I can't believe in 10 years that you'll be in your 40's! haha :) j/k!

SLO Rober said...

If only we knew 10 years ago what the new decade would bring, would we be excited or scared... or a little bit of both!

Megan said...

like Pam said I might (will) have to copy this idea!!!

Grandma Caroline said...

Thanks for the acknowledgment. I don't remember you loosing a baby. I must be getting old. I can't remember what happend in the last 10 years. Thank goodness.

Charis said...

You're killing us ;-) I keep checking back for your BIG news ;-) Love your other posts too though!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Nice post Lis.