Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Goals Recap

  • I read a talk from this last General Conference of our Church that struck me deeply. You can read it here but in it he talked about Temperance. Defined as moderation or self-restraint in action, self-control. We live in world of road rage and anger. I want to learn to be more in control of my actions and not react so quickly to situations, especially with my kiddos.
I did really good with this goal in the beginning of the year. In the last 4 months or so - not so good. But then I remember that I'm trying to raise my boys while making them behave as if they live in a museum while being a caretaker to my Mom...I'm cutting myself some slack here because seriously I'm doing pretty good given the circumstances.
  • I want to procrastinate less. So many times I think I need to do that...this year I just want to do it right then! I have so many half done projects. I want to finish more. I want to DO. Not INTEND.
I did good here. I'm still practicing but Ive gotten a lot better.
  • I want to lose 32 more pounds. I want to lose 28 of it by my birthday in June.
Did good here to. I'm not to my goal but I'm still close to "normal" even though the last week or so has been bad.
  • I want to take better care of the house. This probably goes with the procrastination goal but I just want to feel like our house is in better control.
Nope failed - bad. Not enough room. This year is about figuring out a better way to get organised.
  • As far as my new skill I want to learn this year I want to learn to shoot on full manual mode in my camera comfortably.
I shoot in manual and love it!

Here were our house goals:
Here are our 2010 House Goals:
  • Get Front Landscaping plan together - done
  • Sprinklers, curbing, and sod in the front yard - done
  • Garden boxes and a garden in the back yard - done
  • Finish Cabinet trim - done
  • Fix paint and caulking around our tub - not done
  • Add a shelf in the laundry room and the pantry - not done
  • Paint new shelving and master closet shelving - not done
  • Plant a new fruit tree since poor Stella was knocked out of existence by a bucket blowing in the wind - done
  • Get rugs from the entry doors and get rid of the ghetto leftover carpet rugs we have - done
  • Build shelving in Garage - not done
New goals coming in the next few days....

1 comment:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

You did great this year! Thanks for being such a great example to me always! Love you!