Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Playing catch up - Pioneer Day

July 24th is a big day in Utah! Its the day we celebrate the Pioneers arriving in Utah and when Brigham Young pronounced, "this is the place!"

We love the Hurricane Celebration. To start off this year we ran a 5 K. When I say we - I mean the whole family. Beckham and Davis got to ride and be pushed by Dad but Caleb ran it with us! He did so great! I would say he ran more than half of it and he never gave up!

He was a little concerned about coming in last place and I assured him I would let him beat me, but I didn't let him do anything! When he saw the finish line he put on the speed and left me behind! His time was 49:03.
He beat me by 2 seconds!
Then we got great seats for the Parade. Each of the Primarys in our church have a float that the kids ride on. John ran to get our Bountiful Basket so it was just Becks and I waiting and we passed the time taking pictures of ourselves.I thought he would be scared by the sirens at the beginning but he got so excited!Lucky for him he was the only one in our family collecting candy and he scored!
Here come our boys!Oh this next picture makes me tear up! I had told Davis before the parade to make sure to blow Mommy kisses from the float. He had moved from where I had put him and so I couldn't see him and I was afraid we would miss each other. I finally got a glimpse of him and called his name. He got so excited and stood up and waved and called my name out over and over and blew me kisses for a whole block. It was so special to me!
Then it was time for games. Both of the boys hit the target on the dunk tank right on almost every time but they were not strong enough to move the lever.
They had races for each age group and we took videos of those. Even my old man John raced this year - coming in second! Caleb and Davis both waited so patiently for the bounce house water slide.
The slide on the other side had a big pool of water for them to slide into.
Is it just me or does my Caleb look so grown up and ginormous in this picture!

That night we let the boys play with their glow necklaces from their friend Nathan and Daddy busted out some sparklers.
Truly this is the place!

No comments: