Monday, October 26, 2009

What to do on a sick day...

We are sick here. Well, Beckham was sick, Davis is getting it and woke up throwing up this morning, and my throat is starting to hurt. Caleb allergies were so bad he had to go to the ER this weekend and now he is on steroids that depress his immune system and since the H1N1 Flu is raging we are housebound until further notice. We did what any normal family would do and moved Mom and Dads bed right to the middle of the family room to lay, rest, and sleep on. We actually had to be really close to hear Caleb's breathing and so we moved it to slumber party...and to do things like stuff our face while watching the wiggles!

That's what sick days are for.

Caleb watched an episode of Blues Clues about a week ago where they made a checklist for a surprise party. He of course had to make one. He kept bugging me for days about throwing a surprise party and telling me what we needed to do to prepare for it. While John was away on Saturday he broke it out again and I decided since we were bound to home we might as well throw it.

Balloons- Check

Games- Check (Caleb thought up and built this pinewood derby track all by himself)


Getting ready for the surprise- Check
We had fun. Its been a lazy weekend with lots and lots of movies.


Wish I could say the sick days are over...

7 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

It looks like the best has been made of the sick days! Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

Grandma Caroline said...

Hope you feel better soon, before we get there.

Abbie said...

I'm sorry you have all been sick, but it looks like you have had a fun time being home. I hope you guys get feeling better!
I love the pinewood derby track!

Raelyn said...

What a great post! I mean bummer being sick of course, but I love the post! So cool! Tyler would love to play on that car track with Caleb!

Karla DeCamp said...

I sure do hope you all get better soon. I know how scary asthma can be, so I will be praying your little guy gets better!
I want you & John to come take care of me next time I'm sick:) what fantastic parents you both are!

Megan said...

Now it's my turn to bring over dinner... I am sorry to hear that you are sick...I will call you and make arrangements... Take care!!!

SLO Rober said...

What a neat surprise party idea.