Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Red Ribbon Week

Today Caleb went to school in Red, in support of Red Ribbon week.


Where not only will they teach him about the dangers of drugs
and how to say no to drugs....

they will introduce his innocent little mind to what drugs are.






Does anyone else see the irony in this?

Maybe it is just me...it just seems in order to protect him from drugs they also have to introduce him to drugs.

Maybe its because we live in a small town and Caleb is as innocent as they come.

I guess they have to learn sometime.

3 comments:

SLO Rober said...

I don't get it?

Grandma Caroline said...

Its been so long ago that I taught you kids about drugs and sex that it does seem like a bit much for a 5 year old who doesn't watch TV!

Raelyn said...

I feel the same way. Our school sent home the material they were teaching, and it is put in a very YOUNG way...So, I thought...I guess, in the sense that kids today know SOOOO much more then we give them credit for, even if we have NO idea where it came from, it is better to know what to say NO to. Knowledge is power...even if they are 5/6 and they have no idea what the power is for.