Thursday, October 8, 2009

An explantion...

I always get so many comments (both on the blog and in person) that I blog SOOOOOO much. I'm not sure if they are compliments or if people are insinuating that I don't have a life.

Seriously. I'm not THAT bad! And if you happen to be one of the people who have made a comment this is not directed at you. It has been a combination of A LOT of people commenting about how I blog A LOT!

I would like to say in my defense that yes I have a life. A very busy happy life. The reality is that I don't want to forget the small things that comprise my life because I didn't write it down. I wouldn't remember most of the things that I have written on this blog if I had not take the time to write them down.

Consider yourself lucky that I'm letting you read my journal. That's what this is, and one reason our blog is private. Our church leaders have encouraged us to keep a journal and a record of our days and that is what this is for me. I love being a Mom and I love being a Wife. If I were to be taken from this earth tomorrow I want this blog to be here for my family so that they will KNOW exactly what they meant to me.

You might be surprised to find out that John does not in fact actually read this blog very often. Sometimes he skims the pictures but in reality he does not have the time to read it right now. In 10 years what a gift it will be for him to sit down and read this when there is time and feel what I felt for him and what was going on at home while he was at work. And how great will it be for my kids when they are away to know there is a place they can go when they want to feel a little bit of home and it will be right at their fingertips.

Not only that but my kids love to look at the blog right now. I can click on the section that is theirs and they just scroll through the pictures and I read them the silly things they have said.

So the next time you are watching TV just think...hmm this is when Lisa would be blogging since we don't have TV. Or the next time you are on facebook think...hmm this is when Lisa would be blogging since I refuse to join facebook and the combination of not having those two things in my life gives me a lot more spare time in which I choose to blog.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm baking pumpkin bread, cracking pecans that I'm canning next week, and dehydrating apples that my sweet friend Megan's parents gave me and have to have it all done by 4:00 when I'm going to pick up an entire trunk full of pears to bottle and be ready for the apples John is bringing home for me to continue to dehydrate tomorrow when we are taking off to pick pine nuts that I am also canning next week.

I sure hope that run on sentence clears up any questions about how busy I actually am :)

15 comments:

Karla DeCamp said...

a few things:
~what a blessing it is that I can glimpse into your world....your journal and see what is happening with one of my favorite people in this whole world. (Cierra was inspired by your blog to start her own:)

~your boys & John are so lucky to have you document these precious moments in their life!

~can you send me some of that pumpkin bread?

I love you my little firecracker!!

The Hamlin Family said...

I totally agree with you Lisa...I've been making a book of our blog...because the family journal I started actually went nowhere. So, now because of blogs, we will be able to look back and see a little documentation of our life.

GOOD WORK LISA!!! This is something you'll be able to treasure in the future.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

You crack me up! I love the explanation! But, in my defense - I'm getting a post ready WHILE watching myself some TV! The best of both worlds! haha j/k! P.S. I totally forgot to give you some of that pumpkin roll last night and I forgot to bring you the diffuser! I'm a crappy friend. If you get this soon - feel free to come steal it. Otherwise, I'll bring it in the morning! I really think it could help C!

The Henderson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Henderson Family said...

I believe it would be a compliment to have someone comment on blogging a lot. I truly look up to you and through reading your blog I get ideas of ways I can improve and be a better wife and mother.

Grandma Caroline said...

I absolutely LOVE your blogging! I get to see into the lives of your family like I never would otherwise. Horray for your blogging committment! Pesonally, I wish my daughter-in-laws would blog as much, but everyone has their priorities and are busy.

By the way, Marilyn Pope (BOHS English teacher) said you were a good writer and she is right!

Annie said...

Ditto to everything. That is exactly why I blog. Jordan never looks at our blog either except when I specifically ask him to come look after I just finished a post.

Pumpkin Bread....Yum!
I think I'll go make some now too!

Sara said...

lol. No need to explain yourself to anyone is what I say! I love reading your blog even though I have been missing in action lately. I don't blog as much as I used to but I don't have the excuse of making pumpkin bread and drying apples... I'm just lazy. :)

Lisa Henderson said...

"You like me, you really like me!"

:)

Just kidding but thank you for the sweet comments. Im glad you enjoy my blog because I sure enjoy creating it.

Raelyn said...

I totally agree Lisa!
You are the one who inspired me to start ours, and I always tell people that. I would take it as a compliment, seriously! Everyone knows, we don't just sit here at our computers, we are just lucky to find some time here and there.
Kevin rarely reads our blog either...I do it for me, and for our family, and to keep up the extended people in our lives.

Where are you getting a trunk of pears my friend???? I don't know where to even look!

Love you!

Lawther family said...

you are great. I wish I was as good at blogging as you are. I hope you don't change a thing about your blog I love it!
How do you make a book of your blog?
Anyway, you are amazing and your family is great. I miss you guys!!

Larry and Leah said...

Way to go on Cable TV and Face Book. I enjoy your blog!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

This post should have been titled "Dear Mark,"

Cause I think that's what I say everytime I comment but it's more cause I feel bad for being 5 posts behind.

I like the prolific posting. Keep up the good work.

jakenapril said...

i, for one, enjoy your blog. it's how i am able to keep up with you because, yes, our lives are so dang busy that we have to capture the precious moments that make them so busy...and fulfilling! thank you for your blog...i am continually amazed...and am proud of you for not giving in to the time-wasters. maybe i should make a resolution?!?
thanks for your blog, lis! i love it...and your adventures in life.

Abbie said...

I love that you blog so often. Like you, I refer to my blog as my journal of sorts. I would not be writing any of this stuff down and then it would be lost forever. In fact, just the other day I had time so I started from the beginning and read my blog. I had forgotten about most of the stuff I blogged about. I want to get it done into a book. I just had a friend do it and she loves it.
So I say-THANKS Lisa for posting so much!