Thursday, August 27, 2009

The unfairness of it all...

The collections calls and letters have started again. Not the last one I fought off, this one is new.

This one is worse.

You see this time they actually used Johns birth date to take out this line of credit with the power company. The birth date is Johns but thankfully the SS # doesn't match. Again, we know by some of the other information on it who it really belongs to.

Who knows what SS # was used since we know they have used false SS #'s in the past since they show up on Johns credit report along with all of the collections.

Here is why I'm really mad....
  • I offered to give them the contact information of the people who's debt this is. They had the nerve to say to me: we cant just call people unless we can confirm its their debt...ummm then WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME!!!!!
  • We know they have used our address, phone number, and now John's birth date to take out lines of credit. We cant protect John until they actually use his SS #. So we cant protect Johns credit until they really tank it in a way that we may never be able to get it all back. Its so backwards and unfair!
I'm annoyed

I'm frustrated

I'm done whining

The fight is back on...again!

4 comments:

Lawther family said...

Of all the rotten luck! I hope you fight a good fight and knock the down!!!!

SLO Rober said...

Oh man. This one got me fired up, and it's not even me they are threatening! Girl! All I have to say is... BRING IT!
I hope you are able to stay strong and smart and beat this one too.

SoCal Rogers said...

You need to place a CREDIT FREEZE on John's Credit. All you need to do is contact one of the three major credit bureaus (equifax, transunion or experian) and the freeze will be placed on all three. I am not sure about UTAH, but they may charge you $10. I will call you this week about more things you can do. Sorry, I remember you sent me a mesage about this earlier, but I am available to help now.

The Queen said...

Ugh. Maybe you should talk to an attorney that specializes in credit.