Sunday, August 16, 2009


7 years ago I became a wife.

I haven't been shy about the fact that this has been a very hard year for us in our marriage. There is something about bed rest and new baby that does that for us.

The best part about something breaking is being able to put it back together, better than the first time. I feel like that is where John and I are. We are rebuilding and all the areas that needed work before are being repaired in the process.

What we are discovering is a marriage that is more functional, more enjoyable, and more beautiful than before.

I'm grateful that John would never settle for less than blissful happiness. He is willing to work, to listen, and most importantly to change. He wants me to be happy and he wants to be the one providing that.

He is my best friend. This last month has reinforced that more than anything else. Ive wanted to be home more with him. To do nice things for him. To be his soft place to land at the end of a bad day.

7 years ago I became a wife and had no idea what it really entailed. I'm still learning but I have an exeptional teacher who is patient and understanding.

He has his flaws but he loves me for mine too.


Im proud of us babe!

11 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

Well, I'm proud of you both too! Happy Anniversary!

Abbie said...

Congrats! Happy Anniversary!

The Henderson Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I will always remember the date because it is exactly a month before ours!

Raelyn said...

Congratulations! Oh I remember way back then! Memories! How happy I was for you then, and still am now!

SoCal Rogers said...

Happy Anniversary! By the way... You look HOT! I love thoses pics of you at the top. You look amazing. I especially love the serious face pic of you... I think it is the second one. Miss you!

Mae said...

Hey Lis, I noticed my blog reader wasn't showing me updates of other people, either. Blogger/Google must be experiencing a glitch. I'm glad you said something because I wouldn't have known what was going on. I just thought it was funny that with all the blogs I read, there weren't any updates! I had to click on each one in my blog list before it would recognize that there was a new post. Weird...those techies at Google are always trying to adjust things, though, so it should be back to normal soon.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary! Way to go Home Teaching/Visiting Teaching!

SLO Rober said...

Happy Anniversary. We love you guys and are so glad John and you found each other. You two are a perfect match. You should be proud of the wonderful family you have become.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Happy Anniversary! I didn't even know when we talked earlier! I would have been more then happy to babysit or something tonight. Hope you guys had a good day!

Wheeler Bunch said...

Happy 7 years to you and John. Congratulations.

Sara said...

I'm so sorry I missed this! Happy Anniversary! You guys are great!

Karla DeCamp said...

Happy Anniversary! I still remember us lying on your bed with your wedding dress hanging above us from your ceiling. I was so blessed to have been there to see you marry your best friend! I love you two!