Monday, August 3, 2009

THE trailer and little Beckham boy

I'm feeling renewed today. We had a good relaxing weekend, I read a book, and just vegged and got the house mostly together. Everything looks better with a clean and organized house!

So when I was little my parents bought THE tent trailer. Some of my earliest memories are in it. We camped a lot when I was little. My parents almost got rid of it in my senior year of high school but I threw a fit because I wanted it! Well....it took a few years for us to get a car that could tow it but I'm so grateful my parents made the sacrifice of keeping it because we took it camping and it was heaven! Its so nice to have a place away from the bugs, a comfortable place to sleep, a stove, running water, a fan, a blender, and all of the other little things you would normally have to live without while camping!





who doesn't dream of a kitchen like this...

or curtains like these...

You couldn't plan out retro like this trailer, seriously its a 1968. If you think I'm being sarcastic, I'm not. I love it! Don't believe me...ask John my response to him saying it would be cool to revamp the inside!

I cant wait for many more happy trips!

I also had to add to this post our little Beck's newest skill...


okay so it actually goes more like this...





But he should still get props on the blog for trying!

PS. Did you notice he has gone blond!

10 comments:

SLO Rober said...

I love the turquoise kitchen "appliances" and the blond baby! We wish we could squeeze them more often!

Wheeler Bunch said...

Those are cute pictures of Beckham

Raelyn said...

Hi there,
I so wish we had a trailer! Would love it even with the curtains and turquoise sink that remind me of childhood... Hee hee...we are going camping in a couple weeks, and I would love a sink! :) So, I was looking at Becks saying...oh my he is blonde!!! Then you said it too. I love it! I just want to smoosh him! :)

Grandma Caroline said...

He looks just like Caleb did. And I would love to squish him too! I am having a bit of withdrawl. I will survive.

SoCal Rogers said...

What a sink! I never knew they made them in that color! His hair is so cute.

Annie said...

That IS my dream kitchen! How much do you want for it? Beckham is quite the flexible little boy! He's such a cutie!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Crazy Beck is so big already! That happened fast!

Love the trailer. We are a little jealous. We want one!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

He's adorable. And those curtains are so classic!

Larry and Leah said...

Long live the tent trailer and all my cute grandchildren.

jakenapril said...

awesome! my friend actually found an old airstream trailer and is in the midst of revamping it...although i do love the turquoise sink and stellar '68 curtains. brings back all the good (and i'm sure funny) memories!
and a big shout out to beckham...PROPS!