Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Milestones

  • Beckham got himself from his tummy to sitting up all by himself yesterday. He is so close to crawling! He has moved his one knee forward several times and then gives up and lunges for what he wants. He also can go from sitting to his knees.
  • I don't know if this is more of a milestone for Mom or Caleb but I let him ride the bus today for the first time to school...with all the big kids. Just my luck the troublemaker on the bus as they are getting on grabs Caleb by the hand and then takes Caleb to sit with him....I watched the bus drive away and choked back the tears. School I can handle, the big kid bus I'm not so sure about!
  • Davis is talking so much better. I can now understand everything he says-FINALLY! He sure misses Caleb during the day though. He looks at me and then points to the door and says, "Mom go pick up Caleb at the bus now!"

5 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

Oh, that makes me choke up too! It's far better for Caleb (because he is such a sweet kid) to be friends with the Bully's than not to be friends with them. He will make them better people, that's why God make the good with the bad. You've got some sweet kids and I miss watching Beckham so much. I miss Caleb too, but the one I really miss is Davis with his expressive eyes and charm! Now, go pick Caleb up at the bus mom.

Lawther family said...

Its hard to let them go huh? Caleb will do great in school and he will be great friends with everyone. :)

You have got some great boys. :)

Raelyn said...

So sad, That would make me do the driving everyday. Sorry, but Karman changed so much when she went from walking to elementary school everyday...to riding the bus for the first time everin middle school. I don't know....so hard! Seems our kids always keep up right around each other...Makylie was so speech delayed too, and all of the sudden she is talking a lot...and we can understand most of it. She does start speech therapy next month though...even with her improvements. So wish we were close!

jakenapril said...

love your new blog header. so nice to see pictures of my favorite roommate ever! you look fantabulous...and so does john!

how the years do fly...

Sara said...

I think I would have a hard time seeing Mason going on the big kid bus too. Tears for sure.