Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dixie Springs 2 years later

We broke ground on our house on August 28, 2007. I cant believe its been 2 years! I think when we actually broke ground we were the 17th house to start and the 5th family to actually move in, the 3rd that actually lived here full time.

August 18, 2007


August 30, 2009

I love it out here. Sure we are a little isolated but that's one of the things I love about it. Our neighbor is building right now and I have to say it feels weird to have someone building so close. Its invasive almost...although he didn't get a porta potty for a while and the workers were going behind a little dirt hill that they thought was giving them privacy but actually put them in full view of pretty much anywhere in our house-that really was invasive!



Lets reflect on the luxuries that we have now that we didn't have then...
  • the Internet
  • mail delivery
  • a paved road off the hwy
  • a school bus stop
  • walmart
  • park (although that's still not fully done)
  • and most of all neighbors!!!!
We've come a long way and we want to be here for a long time.

What we wouldn't do to buy the lot behind us so we could build a little casita and stay here forever!


Of course we still have the wind to deal with....


5 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Oh yes, the wind! Don't you love it! hehe :) I have watched Scott chase our garbage cans more then I ever thought I would! haha :)

Crazy how much the neighborhood has changed! Here's to the next two years!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Cool post Lis. That does seem a bit obnoxious to build RIGHT next to you. That's like the people who sit right next to you at the doctor's office when there's a room full of empty chairs.

Abbie said...

I'm sure you feel invaded now. Of all the open lots, right? I can't believe how many houses are being built out there right now. I love the last pics of the wind and tumbelweeds. Those are classic!

The Queen said...

Oh my goodness. Those tumbleweeds are hilarious!

Lawther family said...

you got to love the wind. I am sad that I am not there to watch the neighborhood grow any more. :(
Hope your neighbors are amazing and if not... hopefully they are not there full time right? :)