Monday, November 3, 2008

A good friend,...

This weekend I did something I probably wasn't suppose to do but I did it anyway and I'm so glad! On Friday the President of Sunroc offered John almost court side seats to the Jazz game. Plus they would pay for our gas and our hotel up there. Very hard for someone like John to pass up (and he deserved it since hes trying to be both mom and dad). Of course the Jazz game was out of the question for me but I really wanted to go visit my friend Tyece an meet her new little baby boy. So we drove to Orem on Saturday night and it worked out well since Casey (Tyece's husband) is a customer of Sunroc and since John was taking him to the game we got to all go out to dinner on Sunroc too. We got yummy chocolate cake to go and the boys took off for the game and we went back to Tyeces house for me to just crash on her couch and visit and eat naughty food.

I really feel lucky to have Tyece as a friend. We met when Caleb was probably about a year old and became fast friends. I love everything about her. The way she decorates, the way she parents, the honesty at which she lives her life, the way she scrapbooks.... Ive have a lot of good friends but there is something special about Tyece, she changes me for the better! My home, the way I am as a Mom, the way I see people around me all have been influenced by her.

I love that we can talk honestly and openly and I never worry about what she is thinking. When I first found out about my body progressing I was really discouraged (I will write a post about this later) but Ive been having a hard time not just physically but mentally. To just sit and talk with her for 6 hours was like medicine for my soul. She lives her life simply by the principles of the Gospel and doesn't let the rest of life mutter things up for her, even when things are turbulent around her.

It was SO good for me to be with her because things got put in perspective...the funny thing was we didn't really even talk about it. Its just the way she is that that her presence makes me want to be a better person. I always walk away from her wanting to be better and knowing that I can be better. That's what I love about her so much.

I want to be a friend like she is....

3 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

Everyone needs a friend or friends like that. JoDe Miles is that kind of friend for me. It's like I have known her for eternity, and when we are away from each other, well, the next time we see each other, we just pick up where we left off. Glad you have a friend like that.

Wheeler Bunch said...

I'm glad you went and had a good time. What a nice break1

SLO Rober said...

It's great to have friends who inspire us.