Thursday, December 15, 2011

Under the Mistletoe

As I was unpacking my Moms decorations this year, I found the mistletoe ball that had hung in our home since I was a little girl. It brought back so many good memories! Being that it was made in the early 80's, I decided to give it a little makeover to update it.


The little red apples really seemed to date it. I pulled them out and added berries and some pine sprigs in their place. I also switched the plaid ribbon for some gold burlap ribbon. Just for fun (and for the memories) I added two apples back in on the top!


With my little elf helper we made a sign to display the ball on!



You can bet when I took this picture I was attacked with kisses!


I love it! It is always nice to take something sentimental and update it so that you love it all over again! Davis stands under the mistletoe all of the time and then I hear in his little singsong voice, "Mom look where I'm standing!"

Mistletoe is so much fun!

No comments: