Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Decor!

I am so happy with how all of my Moms Christmas decor blended into what I already had!
This hangs right as you come into our home over the arch into our great room. I feel like it really welcomes people into our Christmas wonderland.


I am so happy with how this project turned out! We don't have a fireplace but I wanted one to hang our new stockings from...and I love it!  I LOVE our stockings! I've waited many years to get cute matching ones that will last us forever! I wish I was talented enough to make them...but I'm not! Thankfully Heather at Sunshine Daydream Creations is!


John found the wood for me and cut it to the size I wanted. Then we added the red lights and garland behind the wood to make it look like there is a fire burning. The matches in the Santa tube are from our home growing up, I can remember them as far back as I can Christmas!

Here is our tree. We do a very traditional tree with ornaments from all of the years growing up.


I love the little wooden train that was found in a Thrift Store and the rustic red wagon was found on the curb near my Dads house for the trash man - SCORE! We wrapped up 24 Christmas books and are unwrapping 1 each night. The wagon is the perfect place to keep them all while they are waiting to be opened.

Great Room:


Some of my favorite things on the bookshelf:


-The NOEL is from my Mom, she has a whole set of decor that matches, including the nativity on our mantle.
-The train was my Grandfathers

I loved these little scenes while I was growing up. I use to play with them when I was a little girl and I love seeing my boys sitting and playing with them now.


The kids nativities.


Kitchen:


My favorite things:


-Ornament Salt and pepper shakers
-The vintage Christmas tin and Gingerbread Men pillows
-Bowling Pin Santa and Mrs. Clause that my Mom made
-Vintage Hazel Atlas punch bowl and cups
-Baking Santa and the For Santa plate and cup. Its the same cup and plate I left cookies for Santa on
-Gingerbread man chalkboard

Billiard Room:

Our pool table was the perfect place to put up the Victorian town that my Mom and I collected together. I love the details of these little towns. I was so excited when I found a little figure this year of a woman selling hot cocoa and Chocolate Chips cookies (its the bottom right picture). My Mom was famous for her cookies - especially at Christmas time so it was like I found her to add to our little town!


My Mom made the Rudolph out of bark and the little gingerbread house she got at a Christmas boutique. Its so fun that all of the pieces store inside (this is another favorite of my kids!)


Nook:

The advent calendar was the very last Christmas gift I opened from my Mom and the bell was part of her bell collection. The candy plate was always full of See's candy on my Mom's coffee table!

Bathroom: 
Yep even our bathroom is decked out :-)


My favorite things:
-Santa towels and cross stitch made by my Grandma Audrey
-Our surfer needed to get into the holiday spirit!
-Even our wallflowers have gone Christmas!

 
We have garlands all over:


That top wreath is really special to me. It was my parents first wreath and my Mom has kept it all of these years. She has a special box with the story all written out on it. I have 3 windows and I couldnt figure out a good garland to go with it. I love the way the wreath turend out with the two swags on the side.

There is so much more but this is probably getting long enough! I did want to end with one last picture...


My Mom made the cross stitch to hang under the picture of the Savior in her home. I love the way it looks under our portrait with the garland above. It really helps remind us why are celebrating. 

No comments: