Friday, July 8, 2011

A Mommy Getaway - Huntington Beach!


We took a day to go down to the beach. Unfortunately there was a huge surfing contest so it was really crowded but we had a good time anyway!


I could not believe how brave my boys had become at the beach. Usually they hang back and run away from the waves but this time...




Look how far out they were going by themselves!


It was scary for me since I had Beckham and could not go out with them. Maybe it was good there was a huge surfing contest because all of the lifeguard stations were open!

Speaking of Beckham...he was crazy when we got there! He was not afraid of the waves or the water at all and was running and jumping in like a seasoned beach bum.


But then he got caught by a wave and rolled...


After that he pretty much sat on my lap or wanted to be in my arms the whole time. I know I shouldn't be glad he got rolled, but it certainly made my day a little easier and safer.

We collected shells...


Built sand castles...


Wrote messages in the sand...



And did a lot of Boogie boarding...



And just for fun how about a Baywatch moment...

No comments: