Thursday, March 18, 2010

All Done!

I have stayed up a lot lately trying to figure out my whole photography name/website.
Like A LOT of mental energy.
  • Would I still like the name Sweet Pea Photography in a year or so?
  • What domain name I should try to get that was easy to remember since all the ones that I wanted were taken or like $2400 a year.
  • What type of template should I use?
  • Did I want to have someone do it and then have to rely on them when I needed to change something
I kept going back and forth. Then I found out that blogger now has pages that can be added. I was so happy. I really like blogger and I feel like there are enough people doing back end things on it that information is easy to find.

In the middle of the night one night I decided to use my lisahendersonphotography.blogspot.com and mess with the format and HTML myself. I also decided to just use Lisa Henderson Photography as my name and use a sweet pea as my logo. I did buy the domain name lisahendersonphotography.net and will have my blogger forward there after I sit down with Scott and figure out the one little hitch with it right now.

Ive spent the last week or so working hard and learning a lot but its all done (for now) and I'm really proud of it. It was no small feat (for a computer illiterate like myself) and made me use new programs like Photoshop Illustrator and new HTML hacks that I hadn't done before. I also designed business cards and am ordering them today.

There is still a lot I want to do and features I want to add that I am going to have to research but for now I feel a great sense of relief!

If you have some time go check it out here!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Good for you Lisa! I love the site!

Mae said...

I recently discovered bloggers permanent pages, too and was sooo excited! Way to go, Lis! Learning something new like that is intimidating.

Grandma Caroline said...

I love the site too. Way to go girl for biting the bullit and learning what is hard to learn. Remember your knowledge is all you can take with you when you leave this earth. I'm proud of you.

Karla DeCamp said...

Looks wonderful Lisa! Blogger is only getting better and better with their compatibility to html codes:) I went with Wordpress a while back because blogger wasn't quite there...but after looking at what you've done, I just may have to switch back!!! :)
You are AWESOME!!!!!!