Thursday, March 18, 2010

2 years of waiting....

Today they are placing the sprinklers in our front yard. We have waited for over 2 years to have some landscaping, sometimes patiently waiting and other times not so patiently. We have saved and saved. The money we have to do this landscaping was mostly earned from Biolife (donating plasma), John cleaning the Sunroc office, garage sales, Craigslist sales, photography, and a little help from our tax return.

We will also be getting garden boxes!!! I'm so excited to grow our own food. The funny thing is that both times we have had a garden we have moved just as the food is started to ripen. I have some anxiety that we are cursing ourselves to have to move in the fall.

Even though we have saved just for this expense its hard that we are not more confident in the economy. We are so excited but if something happens will we regret not having another month worth of cash available....

This has been our boys all day today...

Poor workers are trying to get it done but they have Davis sitting there carrying on a conversation with them (even when they are not responding). Its so funny to just listen to him.

"Hey my name is Davis. Da-VIS. Hey did you hear me, I'm Davis. Whats your name? My name is Davis. Excuse me. Excuse me, I'm Davis. Hey you! I'm Davis."
I keep reminding him that they are working and not there to talk to him. It lasts for about about 2 minutes and then hes at the window chatting away again.


By Monday we will have curbing, drip systems, sod, and garden boxes in.

I'm so EXCITED!!!!

Just in time because in a week and half we have Aunt Kate, Uncle Brian,and cousins coming!

6 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

YEY for landscaping! Can't wait to see it all done - window boxes and all! CONGRATS!

Wheeler Bunch said...

Loose teeth and landscaping...how exciting! You will love your yard!

SLO Rober said...

Looking forward to seeing it!

Sara said...

Yay for sprinklers, sod, gardens... I'm so excited for you!

Mae said...

Those photos are darling! I love that they're all standing on the same chair.

Congrats on getting the water system in! That will make it all possible. And remember to start small, I always start big and let everything die. so this year I'm just doing a few plants.

Grandma Caroline said...

I'm so excited for you! Don't think of it as a curse, think of it as a blessing and if you do what you are supposed to do you will be blessed! Happy Gardening!