Monday, April 27, 2009

WARNING: Mammas going to be braggin'

Today was our dentist apts and they took me in first while John was in the waiting room with the kiddos. As I'm getting my teeth cleaned I hear Caleb be brought back in the room next to me. Hes asking all sorts of great questions and when she asked him to do anything he would say, "Sure, you bet." To top it off when they are doing his x-rays (which even I hate) I hear him say, "this is the best place ever, I love it here!"

Caleb is the boy that always sees the glass overflowing....even if its empty.

I thought for sure they weren't going to to Davis because hes not even 3. But sure enough they asked him to get in the chair and up he hopped right up. He opened and let them clean every part of his mouth. He loved closing his mouth on the suction and letting it suck all the water out and would giggle at that. After she would clean a section he would sit up and grin. She would say lay back down and he would just drop back and open.

Seriously made my heart melt for my kiddos. They may fight and they may drive me crazy at times but they both are really GrEaT kiddos!

As for Baby Beckham he just sat in his seat smiling. Hes starting to laugh and it cracks us up. His little personality is start to show and I'm happy to report that hes just as happy as his big brothers.

Now for the not so braggy news....
Cavity count
  • Lisa- 0
  • John- 0 (a miracle, John thinks this might be the first time hes ever heard that)
  • Davis- 0
  • Caleb- 3!!!!
The only silver lining is that we cant wait to see our happy boy on laughing gas! I will be sure to take the video camera! But Mom and Dad are going to start helping him brush again even if he thinks hes big enough to do it himself!

4 comments:

Mae said...

That's such a blessing that they haven't developed a fear of the dentist! My dentist as a kid was my neighbor friend's uncle, so I was never scared of him but I've heard some horror stories... (of the kids freaking out... not of dentists)

Good luck on the cavity filling!

Grandma Caroline said...

I'm so glad you have such happy boys, I can attest that they are that way with me too! What great kids to have, they are going through a good stage now (you feel like a great mother) just wait 6 months and you will stop blogging! That's the way it was with you kids too, either all happy and nice and helpful and lovey of good report OR monster's I didn't even recognize as my little darlings!

Finley Family said...

You do have the happiest boys! But they learned from you!!!!!! You guys are so happy! Glad the dentist went good! and yes can't wait for the video!

Sara said...

Oh, please post Caleb on laughing gas! Have you seen the youtube video of the kid after going to the dentist? Hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs

Oh, and I had three cavities from our last dentist appointment :(. So not even fun.