Saturday, April 25, 2009

Oh, what do you do in the summertime...

(because yes, it is mostly summertime here in St George)

Have a lemonade stand of course...
Get a little discouraged when there is no traffic... eat a lot of cookies and drink some lemonade yourself...Wave like a manic when there is a car and yell, "Lemonade and cookies"...But mostly just end up playing in the gutter!

(Caleb and Payton both make $5 each!)

PS. for just a little funny though, we made sure that Dads knew their business was requested. John drives a big old "Sunroc" truck so when Caleb saw it turn the corner he was freaking out yelling, "lemonade and cookies." John drove right by didn't even look and you should have seen Caleb's face. I wish I had the camera for it because it was priceless. His face fell and he looked at us and asked, "was that my Dad?" in a shocked voice. Dad made sure to make amends and buy lots of cookies and lemonade though!

7 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

I too wished you would have had a camera, I laughted out loud just picturing it!

Wheeler Bunch said...

Cute, that was a fun day. Thanks for sharing it with us. Payton had his $5 spent in like 5 minutes. Well, 4.50 I guess. Fun times and memories.

SLO Rober said...

Ditto moms comment. I can just picture his disgust and disappointment. I'm sure John making up for his joke made the day a success however.

Mark and/or Lisa said...

OK that was pretty dang funny. I don't often laugh out loud when reading blog posts but that is just such a great moment.

Finley Family said...

That is so cutE! text me next time and I'll be sure to drive by!

Megan Bartlett said...

That is so freaking adorable! I love it! Caleb's doing lemonade stands!!!

Abbie said...

So cute! Don't worry about Brielle, I am surprised she didn't make you notice. She had been showing anyone who would look.