Monday, April 6, 2009

GrOsS #2!!!!

So poor Caleb. Tonight we went to a fun Easter BBQ with some friends of ours and we did the whole egg hunt and as we were on the way home I told Caleb not to eat any of his candy until Mom checked it.

Well all of a sudden he says in a very desperate voice, "Mom, I'm going to throw up." I zipped to the side got him out of the car and as start asking him if he ate candy. He said yes and I exasperated say, "Caleb I told you not to! You have to be careful buddy this is serious, peanuts can make you die."
Poor Caleb looked up at me and said, "Mom, can I drink some water so I wont die."

Had to explain that he wasn't actually dying right now but that he can.

So after kissing bugars (see previous post) I now have 3 loads of laundry waiting to be loaded (that's what happens when you have bunk beds and someone throws up off the top bunk to the bottom bunk-you get to wash ALL of the bedding) And hes still going.
We have a pretty efficient system now!

8 comments:

The Hamlin Family said...

LISA!!! You should have told me he wasn't feeling well!!! UHHHH...now I feel terrible that I met you today at Smith's!!!

(I hope you do have a great trip though...and I'll cross my fingers that you'll make it to Cali with nobody getting sick!!!)

PS...Thanks again for the pics...you're awesome!!!

Hailey said...

His comment about wanting water so he didn't die was cute...

Wheeler Bunch said...

Man, what kind of friends do you have that get your kids sick? Geesh....

Grandma Caroline said...

The peanut butter is hidden, the Peanut oil is up and out of the way and I don't have ANY peanut type candy in the house. You are safe to come.

Mae said...

It's amazing the places allergens can hide. I wonder how many normal processed foods besides candy have peanut oil in them? I've never thought to look!

Remember a little girl in my class at KinderCare that was allergic to soy and milk? I was gone for ONE day and the stupid people in the kitchen thought it was ok to feed her Mac and cheese. When I got back the next day she started puking. I asked them what they fed her the day before and they said it didn't have milk in the mac and cheese because it was powdered cheese. Jeez!

And Davis's booger story is hilariousl classic but totally gross!

Megan Bartlett said...

Oh I'm so sorry! That totally reminds me of when Caleb ate the ONE SINGLE peanut butter/chocolate egg at our house and starting throwing it up! Poor thing. Good luck with the laundry...Claire was throwing up and having diarrhea for a straight week before our move to Nebraska so I know all about many loads of laundry. Sorry, Lis!

Amy H said...

Poor you!! Poor Caleb, such the sweetie. Hugs to you guys. I will do a load of laundry and think of you. LOL

Sara said...

Ahhh! Poor Caleb! Does he usually get sick like that when he has something with peanuts? And poor you for having to deal with more gross stuff!