Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

What a great Mothers Day Ive had. Ive been SPOILED!


I woke up to my favorite breakfast and beautiful cards and a gift card to Home goods! My Dad bought me some plants for our yard and I'm so excited to have things filling in.

I got to get ready for the day all alone, and then when it was time to go to church I walked out to a bow on my car. John had snuck out last night and washed and detailed the inside. Then this morning he vacuumed the whole car out at 5:30 - with the whole vacuum in the car so we wouldn't hear it. He is so good to me!

Church was beautiful and then I took a loooong nap when we got home. I spent some time playing on the computer, and then had the BEST dinner ever! Homemade lemonade, flank steak, baked potatoes, green beans, and Key Lime Pie for dessert.

Other highlights of the day were chatting with Grandma Henderson, John detailing the boys (he cut all their finger and all their toenails), watching the 3rd period of the Kings game, and then them winning.

My house is clean and I haven't done a thing today! Seriously its been the best. The last couple years have been hard on Mothers Day. Part of it is not just that I miss my Mom, but there was also guilt about enjoying myself. I know it doesn't make much sense but it felt like enjoying Mothers Day somehow wasn't acknowledging the loss of my Mom.

Today I felt no guilt. It was just a wonderful day. Even in Relief Society when the lesson was on death and I thought a lot about her and her whole experience. I was touched and cried, but it was for joy. I am glad that I have come to this place.

I'm so lucky that John takes such good care of me and treats me so well and I feel so blessed that I get to be a Mother!

 

I'm one lucky Mama!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes you are lady!! :) And those boys of yours are going to be AWESOME husbands. R.S. was amazing and I had the thought of how you were handling it. Glad you got spoiled today. :)

The Ramsay's said...

I'm so glad you were able to have such a wonderful mothers day!