Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Birthday John

Its a little late but I wanted to post about Johns b-day.


We took time to check John out as a baby.


He was sooooo cute as a baby....still is.


Here are the top 10 reasons I love John in this time of our lives.
  1. It not easy for him, but he is humble. He works really hard to keep his pride in check and is willing to say he is sorry when he is wrong.
  2. He is a great Dad. Seriously, there is none better. He is fun and takes the time to be silly with them. He is so good at seeing them for who they are, beyond the frustration of an incident.
  3. He loves me no matter what. Seriously, the good, the bad, and the ugly Lisa - he still sees me - all of me - and loves me no matter what.
  4. He works so hard to provide for our family. He gets up early everyday without complaint and puts up with the dull and the grind of a daily job. Don't get me wrong, its not like he has a horrible job, its the ability to go and do the same thing day in and day out and not allow the monotony of life get you down.
  5. He is so complimentary. He tells me the nicest things all of the time and always makes sure that I know how great he thinks I am.
  6. He is so supportive of me as a person. He encourages me to try new things and never complains when it takes time or money for me to pursue. He really wants me to be happy and will support me when I try new things.
  7. He loves others. He really cares deeply for people and for their well being. He amazes me at his ability to love those that might not be easily loved. He is compassionate and giving.
  8.  I love that he loves sports. What I love even more is that he is a good sport.
  9. Vain or not its needs to make the list.... He is so babelicious. Seriously, the dark hair, olive skin, and blue eyes. Melts my heart every time.
  10. I love us. I do. "Us" has not always been easy and that is one of the things I love the most. We have struggled. We have had some really hard challenges and some really difficult times in our marriage. But we have learned and we have worked. I love the refined version of us that is emerging.
Happy Birthday old man! You probably wont even read this until a much later time in our lives...regardless I want you to know how I felt about you and us in this time in our lives. Thanks for being such a great example and such a pillar for me. You are my best friend.

Love ya!

    No comments: