Sunday, May 29, 2011

In Memorial


If there is one thing my Mama taught me it was a deep love for this country we live in and those who have fought for it. I don't think I ever saw my Mom sing the national anthem without becoming emotional, a happy pride so strong that moved her to tears and made her want to burst. It embarrassed me as a child but now when the national anthem is played I find myself doing the same thing. She was so proud to be an American, as am I.

I love America!

I love the people of this country. Not the politicians, the people. I think politicians might be some of the most unpatriotic people around. It seems they have forgotten what this country is really about, a promise for something better if you work hard. The American Dream.

Today I want to say thank you to the Men and Women who work each day to keep us safe. Maybe sometimes too safe that we become complacent about our way of life and our gratitude wanes. Today and tomorrow I will teach my boys about real superheros.

I also want to honor the military wives and families. The nights they spend lying awake at night worrying about their loved ones while my family sleeps safely and soundly... it takes my breath away.
Thank you!


To the Coast Guard, the Navy, the Air Force, the Marines, and the Army...from our home today we honor you.
May God continue to bless you!
We love you!

1 comment:

The Gallagher Family said...

Ditto!!!!! We are so lucky!