Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the trampoline!

Oh boy has this been a project! We were following this tutorial but found it lacking on some details. First off her materials list was way cheap compared to the actual cost as we priced it out. Luckily we got our sheet metal off of Craig's list to make it more affordable. Second, we must have used a different gauge metal because our metal did not - and would not fold like that!

Thanks to our good buddy Spencer's help we redirected our pipe.


Then we added the 2x4's and sheet metal. I will leave it at that so as not to become a swearing woman :)


We back filled the middle along the edges and John covered it with weed block and added big rocks to hold it down while I worked on back filling the sides.

The boys were so helpful shoveling dirt and handing us screws.


They also put all of the springs back into place for us.



Caleb was carrying springs hooked to his pocket and Davis made a chain in order to carry more! Efficient boys.


Then we played!!!




We still need to cover the sheet metal edge because its sharp and we also need to finish back filling the hole. I will post a final picture soon!

2 comments:

Pam (Haslem) Dana said...

YEY! I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to come play!

Abbie said...

I knew exactly where that tutorial came from. (I actually grew up with her sister) We won't even attempt to put ours in the ground. This kids just better learn to not fall off. :) I'm glad you were able to get it figured out, she definately made it look very easy. You will totally enjoy it!