Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gratitude

(thanks to my friend Pam for the cute idea and supplies to make these blocks)

Okay, so maybe I was being just a tad on the dramatic side to call Asthma "my doom." Me dramatic? I know, it doesn't happen often :) In all seriousness though, that is how I felt yesterday. I know there are so many things that are so much worse and I really am grateful that this is as serious as my kids health issues get.

That is where my thoughts have taken me today...gratitude, simplicity, and recognising the blessing we do have. I came across this quote and I feel that it really expresses my gratitude this year.


We had expectations of where we would be this year and we are not there...it just hasn't been possible with the economy. Sometimes I get frustrated but when I take a step back and look at what I do have I am overcome with the abundance of my life.

When I was in college there was so much I hoped for and so much I wondered about my future life....what would my husband be like? Or how about- will I ever date a boy I don't get sick of!?! What will my kids be like? Where will I live? Will I be good at being a Mom? Will I be good at making a home? Will I be happy?

I love my small life. I love our home.

I am happy. Happy and overflowing with abundance.

7 comments:

Raelyn said...

Love it! And I completely agree. That quote gave me chills! It is fits me and my life perfectly as well!
I am going to post that quote on my blog too.
(by the way...my blog is not updating on yours...don't know why...there have been many posts and it still says 2 weeks since last post on your blog line) just thought I would let you know. :)

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Love the quote! It's a good one! You do have a great life! Great Kids! Great Hubby! Great Home (We KNOW Nathan loves it!)! Great everything! You're just great Lisa!

Thanks again for watching Nathan this morning! It totally saved me!

Boons said...

Great quote! Thanks for sharing it. Sounds like you are feeling better today :-)

Sara said...

That is a wonderful quote and so so true!

Lawther family said...

Great quote! You are amazing. I cried with you for Beckham. And you are allowed to cry for one day. Thats what I would do if I were you... and then have a day like this after. You are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for.
And did I mention that you ROCK! I love you

Grandma Caroline said...

Cool post, glad you can feel better today.

Mark and/or Lisa said...

That is a nice quote. I often think about the same thing, I think that's a major component to finding happiness.