Sunday, September 6, 2009

San Luis Obispo

We are here...it is beautiful.


We are at my brother Brian's beautiful home. I don't think Ive really expressed how lucky I am to have the brothers I do. A little bit about Brian, hes amazingly smart, he can build and figure anything out, and although he puts on a facade of being tough and impatient, he really is a softy and full of so much compassion.

He is a rock.

Yesterday I woke up and went for a run in the cool crisp breeze with the smell of eucalyptus all around me. I felt like I could run forever it was so perfect in every way. The breeze, the palm trees, the gorgeous houses....I then realized I'm at a lot lower elevation, but still there is nothing like the exhilaration of a good run in the perfect surroundings.

We spent the morning preparing for my niece, Ashlynns baptism.



It was perfect

She glowed

I'm proud of her.


Hanging out with the family can only be made sweeter by one thing...


B
Y
U


beating Oklahoma.

What can I possibly say about THAT!!!

What a perfect day. And here is the cherry topping...


I really do love my family!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

You finally made it. Sounds like you have so many fun things planned. Have a great time! Although I really don't like to run, you made it sound quite refreshing...I think it helps where you are :)

BTW-I made 2 digi scrap pages. You were right, the first one and in my case 2 are horrible.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Looks like a blast of a day! I didn't know you guys were going for the whole week! How fun! I just thought you guys were going for a long weekend! So fun!

Did you get someone to water your plant? haha :) Plant... not plants! haha :) Do you need us to? Let me know!

jakenapril said...

I love your fam too. and a nice morning run is a good thing. and yes, the byu game made it all worthwhile! hope the rest of your weekend was just as exciting.

SLO Rober said...

We had a really good time with everybody. Thanks for coming out and spending time in support of Ashlynn. The boys are getting so big and are at a really fun age.

Campbell Family said...

sounded like a fun trip! What a good game....Layne and I were hoopin and hollerin. We still need to figure out how we can go see a game together. Somehow!