Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The sad tale of teeth...

Poor Beckham...for MONTHS his teeth have been coming in. This last week the teeth have come down but didn't break the skin. You could see the ridges of his teeth through his white pressed gums. John expressed it the best,

"teething has turned our angel baby into devil baby."

The only time he is happy is in the shower or the bath. He has been taking 2 to 3 a day. The shower is the best because he cant drowned so I can put him in for a half hour and get something done!

I had finally had enough! He wont let me rub his gums so I got him all ready to take a shower and just went to town on rubbing his gums and pushing on them! He howled like crazy and John teased me about being mean and die hard, but guess what...when John went to take a bath with him (yes, another one about an hour later) guess what had finally broke through!

His top left front tooth!

One down...3 more still trying to get through!Lots of showers to come I'm sure!

Updated: This is what I found later in the day when I had to heat up the shower and he obviously heard it running while I was changing laundry...

4 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

So cute! I'm glad you have 1 through! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the other 3!

Raelyn said...

Oh...poor, poor, sad baby! Teething is miserable. I feel for you, and Beck! Tyler loved the shower too...that brought back lots of memories! He still does actually!

Grandma Caroline said...

That poor little guy, I'm so glad you are a mean mom!!! Keep listening to the Holy ghost, the HG really knows what he is doing, even if were not sure it will work out!

Abbie said...

Putting him in the shower is such a great idea! Teething is rough and anything you can do to "push it along" is a good thing.