Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Somethings fishy about this Family Home Evening...

Last weekend we decked out my Grandpa Lew's old fishing poles and we we wanted to try them out on Monday night for FHE activity. So we had our lesson on being "fishers of men" and how the Savior called his apostles who were fisherman. We also had a very fun FHE treat that went with our activity... (found this in Family Fun magazine its cake with frosting and coconut with a fruit leather wrapped around-I'm putting the whole recipe on Good Eats and Sweets if anyone wants it)Lastly we got to go fishing! It was a perfect night and we had a good time but the only thing we caught was Davis running full force straight into the water! I don't mean up to his ankles I mean dove in and covered his entire body! It was fun but we probably need to find a better place at the lake where the fish are biting and leave the 2 year old at home!
And yes...I do think I have a little to much time on my hands to think all this up!

2 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

Don't put yourself down. You are a busy woman, and thinking all this up is part of what it takes to be an effective mother! Good job on lesson, activity and Dessert, wish I could have been there, I would have taken that ? two year old back to the house and put him to bed. In his defense though, fishing at age 2 isn't exactly an exciting thing to do.

Sara said...

OK, so your FHE is like... 1 million times more exciting than ours. A lesson, cute treats, and fishing? I think I need to take a lesson from your book!