Friday, May 2, 2008

Seriously- Come on!

John and I made a goal at the beginning of the year to go to the Temple at least once a month. So last weekend we had a babysitter all lined up and Davis started throwing up that morning so we rescheduled for last night since it was the first night this week we could do it. The kids were so excited to have McKayla coming to babysit. Davis literally dove out of my arms for her and then when I went to say goodbye I gave Davis a kiss and he said, "No No No." Then he leaned over and kissed McKayla! So they were in good hands. As we were enjoying our Cafe Rio (thanks Brian and Kate) I get a call from home and Caleb had apparently taken one bite out of his dinner and then thrown up all over! She was so sweet and said that we could still go to the Temple but every little kiddo wants their mommy when they are sick.

At 4:00 in the morning he threw up again and so I gave him a bowl and told him if he couldn't make it to the bathroom to use the bowl. This morning I went to get the bowl out to bring it to him on the couch and there was throw up in it! I asked him when he did that and he said last night while you were sleeping. I said honey you should have got me or daddy and all he said was, "I was all done." It made me so sad he didn't come get us but there are some serious advantages to having sick kids be older.

So today we will once again cancel a play date and a game night tonight with some friends. Hopefully sometime this summer we will be able to be well enough to make some friends! And we will try again next weekend for the Temple.....

2 comments:

The Queen said...

Oh man that stinks. Hope he feels better!

Grandma Caroline said...

At least the Lord knows your heart! Your family will get better one day and then you probably won't remember it, except for the blogging you do!