Sunday, February 27, 2011

Looking for the good

God doesn't give you the people you want; He gives you the people you NEED... to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.
Someone sent me this quote in a forward and I loved it. It seems to put everyone we meet in a positive context even if the interaction might not be positive. We studied the beatitudes today in Sunday School and my thoughts took me to think about what kind of person I am to those around me.

Everywhere my thoughts took me seemed to be summed up into this article: Looking for the Good by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. My favorite quote from the talk was the very last words of it:
We have a choice. We can seek for the bad in others. Or we can make peace and work to extend to others the understanding, fairness, and forgiveness we so desperately desire for ourselves. It is our choice; for whatever we seek, that we will certainly find.
Maybe I'm thinking about all of this so much because Ive thought about the impression my Mom left on this world and the people in it. All I know is that right now I have a deep desire to do good and be good to those around me.