Saturday, June 20, 2009

Remember when I told you about Caleb's Ancestor birthday party. I'm sure you ALL read so regularly that you wont have missed it...but just in case you can read it here.

Yesterday we were in the car and he gave a big sigh and said, "I sure miss my Great Great Grandma." I asked him which one that was and he said you know "that one." Finally he said exasperated, "My poker Grandma."

It was so cool that he remembered about Grandma Irene and he even could tell me about the things I had said like how they are like each other because they are both so nice to everyone. It was touching and he said he wanted to see her so bad. I told him how I miss her too but when we die we will get to see her again and that's why its okay when we die and don't have to be scared of it because the ones we love are waiting for us.

I then got to tell him all about her husband, Great Grandpa Lewis who Beckham is named for. I told him all about how he loved to fish and Caleb exclaimed, "just like me too, Mom." I had him laughing when I told him how he use to take all of his teeth out and do tricks with his thumb.

Its cool to have him be interested in them. My Mom is a professional genealogist and kind of gives me a hard time about not being more into Family History but really research isn't my thing but scrapbooking sure is. I really want to start making Children's books of our relatives so they become real and live on in our children's memories.

So Mom and Dad, I know your busy...but I want pictures! I want lots and lots of pictures. I'm all caught up in my scrapbooking and I want to start on our ancestor scrapbooks. Your mission if you will accept is to get me digital pictures so I can make our family live in our children's lives so that they know about the past and so they can "miss" people who are important to them even if they haven't met them.

You can do it slowly, one relative at a time, but seriously it would be so cool to have a collection of family history books about our relatives! Not sold yet...how about think how good they will look on display at the Family History Fair!

2 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

You are so motivated and enthustiac and I really want to do this, but alas, I'm a working woman now and eek! There aren't enough days in the week for me now. But, I will see what I can do.

Sara said...

Love the idea of an ancestral scrapbook! What a treasure!