Sunday, June 14, 2009

Basking in the glory of summer!

We have a new favorite hobby in our home....
Riding Bikes!
I cant believe how much fun we have been having riding our bikes. Its so fun now that Caleb can ride along with us and we kind of improvise to make Beckham work in the trailer. This week each morning the boys and I would eat breakfast and hop on our bikes and off we would go! I LOVE living in an open area with so few people. Most mornings we dont see any cars, just a few others out running or biking. Caleb has been riding up to 3 miles all by himself and we have been having some of the best conversations and so many teaching moments opening up naturally. It gives Caleb and I time to talk...really talk! No dishes, phone, computer, or distractions.
Here are a few of my favorite gems from this week:

C-"Mom how many more days before your birthday?
L: "6!"
C: What kind of party are you having mom, Hanna Montana?"
L (chucking a little): "No, probably not. I just wants lots of love on my birthday."
(A few moments of pause...)
C: "A heart Party, that the best idea ever! We can have heart balloons and a heart cake. We can play games where we hide the hearts and have to go find them.....(he kept going about all of the "love" games we can play.

C: "Mom will you take care of me even when I get really big?"
L: "Well, I will love you forever but you are going to have a wife who will take care of you when you get older."
C: "But I want you to take care of me! Can you be my wife?"
L: "Well, no because I'm Daddy's wife but you will find someone who you will want to live with forever and who you will want to take care of you."
C: "I don't think you should be Daddy's wife anymore so you can be mine..."

Here he is showing off his new skill of standing up while riding so we can go up hills faster!When we get home the boys always have to take a few runs down the driveway on Daddy's long board!

How we LOVE summer!

5 comments:

Sara said...

So fun! We really need to get bikes so that we can do fun things like that for the kids. Plus I feel bad that all the other kids have bikes and Mason has no idea how to even pedal since he doesn't have one.

Oh, and I totally love the "heart" party! Caleb has some good ideas there.

Grandma Caroline said...

Enjoy the very best of being a mom right now. I also like that Idea of a heart party, Caleb has good ideas!

Abbie said...

How Super cute is that?? Caleb is the cutest little guy...EVER!

SLO Rober said...

That is so sweet! I can hear him saying that in his sincere earnest little voice. Tell Caleb I think it is sooo cool that he can stand up when he rides his bike.

SoCal Rogers said...

No Hannah Montana Party???

Really Cute stories. These are my favorite types of posts. They make me think of what conversations with Savi might be like.