Saturday, May 30, 2009

Daring Davis

Oh our Davis has quite the little personality!

He is so fun and so full of mischief that I can hardly keep up with him. He also has a fiery streak that is driving me crazy because he can be aggressive, and be a little bully every now and again when someone gets in his way. He will learn though, its just trying my patience a little bit. Here are some funny things about him that I want to remember:
  • He does not like underwear! He wants to be naked 100% of the time. He also seems to think he has to ask permission to go to the bathroom. He will be dying jumping up and down and say "pee pee" and all I have to say is "well then go" and he says "okay" and runs and takes care of his business, never to put underwear on again until forced.
  • If he is using our bathroom he also has to show us the boat on the wall before he can go. He just says "boat, boat, boat...." until you say, "yes that's a boat, now go potty." He pauses and then will say "okay" and run and go.
  • We have to hide the TP from him because he will put the whole roll down the potty.
  • He loves to play in laundry baskets
  • He eats an apple all the way through, seeds and all
  • He loves to hold Beckham but when he is done you have to be ready to catch him because he will just push him off his lap.
  • He loves his bike and can pedal really fast. He finds it very fun to roll over ants and is so persistent that he wont come in until every ant he sees is squished
  • He is smart and can recognise all of his letters and numbers and whenever we go into St George or Hurricane he has to point out the "D" for Dixie college on the hill or the "H" for Hurricane on the hill. He will repeat "D mom, D" Over and over and over until you say, "yep good job Davis!"
  • He loves Dora and Boots
  • He has the best "pouting" face ever! His lip can get some distance!
  • No one can understand him, including us about half of the time
  • He is PERSISTENT
  • He loves cars, balls, trains, football, and anything Caleb has
  • He is terrified of dogs! Our neighbors have a little puppy that probably weights about 3 pounds and Davis will scream bloody murder and crawl up your leg if the dog gets anywhere near him.
  • He is a dare devil in every sense of the word and climbs over everything and gives people heart attacks at Walmart or Costco with his grocery cart gymnastics
  • He loves spicy food!
  • He calls flowers "trees" no matter how many times I correct him.
  • He wont ask for a lot of attention or affection but really loves and wants it and since he wont ask for it or even act out for it I have to be sure to give it to him because it lights up his face and makes him so happy to be snuggled and loved on.
  • He can get really annoyed and exasperated when I tease him and I'm pretty sure that's how he would feel about this post!

12 comments:

Wheeler Bunch said...

I think that's fun to write all the little things down that you would probably forget. Payton and Halle love the D and H on the mountains too. D is for danny and H is for Halle. Payton always wants to know where the P is for Payton.

Mae said...

He is such a cutie! As for the not asking for love, he had NO problem demanding that love from me.

He was peeved at Brian and Kate so he decided I was the person to love at the moment. (I really felt special that he chose me because technically, he has no blood of mine, but he's a nephew all the same!) I had Ty on my lap and he walked over and somehow pushed Ty out of my lap and wormed his way there instead. (No arms or shoving was involved, but somehow he wormed Ty off my lap and Davis onto my lap!) Ty was fine with it because he speaks the same language. Then Davis had a good snuggle and was happy...

Grandma Caroline said...

What a special sweetheart! Grma would be happy to give him all the loves he can stand.

SLO Rober said...

What a crazy fun kid! And yes, very persistant!

Boons said...

Davis is a special kid, so unique in his own little way! Definitely keeps your lives interesting...but don't they all?!? Love the last picture!

SoCal Rogers said...

I love his pouting face. TOO cute! He also has the best smile. Every picture of him is amazing.

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Love that last picture. These are great posts cause and they will totally appreciate them when they're older.

Lawther family said...

If you didn't notice I am playing catch up with your blog. :) I miss you guys! Davis is so cute. He reminds me of Keawe so much. I love the cute pictures of him. He has grown up so much in the last few months, you can see it in his face and eyes. What a cutie. Miss you guys!

jakenapril said...

i am still laughing! davis is so dang cute...reminds me so much of ashton. i guess they're about the same age so they're into the same stuff. too cute! who knows, maybe they'll both end up at byu and be neighbors like their moms?

Megan Bartlett said...

Those are some adorable pictures! I can't believe how big Beckham is! I love that picture of Davis holding him! I showed Ben the picture of the boys at the beginning of the blog and he got a huge smile on his face and said how cute Caleb is! He asked if I thought Caleb would remember us! Meeeeeemories!

Sara said...

I loved learning more about Davis! He's so cute!

Linda H. said...

Oh my gosh, what stunning photos. In fact, your trio of boys are perfect for the cover of "Parents" magazine. Wish I could squeeze and kiss them all.