Monday, May 4, 2009

Anti-climatic

Today was Caleb dentist apt and he did great. I was really hoping for some funny theatrics but the laughing gas just made him very calm. It was great that they didn't have to use any anesthesia though and could just get it with the gas.

Caleb loves the dentist which is great but I'm feeling a little guilty about my mama manipulation. For example after our last apt I said something along the lines of:
"Wow you're so lucky you get to come back next week, they wont let me come back for 6 months!"
And then after his apt today when he did so good. I gave him 5 and told him:
"Wow they said you did so good that you can even come back next week!"
Caleb's response: "YES!" in a very Napoleon Dynamite sort of way.

I mean he loves the dentist so should I feel bad about such blatant manipulation of his childlike mind that cant comprehend that cavities are bad?

Probably, but I don't :)

4 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

Never feel bad about positive manipulation, every smart mother does that to help her children gain a good perspective on life. I did it to you and you turned out OK. Although, now that I think about it, you were harder to convince than your brothers, it must be a woman thing.

Sara said...

I agree with you're mom. Do not feel bad and "helping" Caleb be excited about going back to the dentist. That is waaaay better than having a screaming kid at the dentist (like the one I heard while waiting for Mason's turn)

Annie said...

That's funny! Good way to keep him from thinking the dentist isn't fun. It's great that he likes it!

Abbie said...

No, you shouldn't feel bad...whatever works! :)