Friday, May 8, 2009

Early Mothers Day Suprise

John LOVES to buy me flowers...and don't get me wrong I LOVE to get them too. Hes funny though because he loves to give them to me in sneaky ways. Of the probably 50 times I have been given flowers over the last 7 years he has only handed them to me once. Usually its hidden in a closet, or being held by Caleb who's hiding in the back of the car, or placed somewhere and then he tries to lure me to go find them. It really is funny to see just how excited he gets to have me "find" flowers. Seriously its like a little kid at Christmas. He finds its even more funny it seems when I'm annoyed like, "why don't you go help Caleb get out of the car!" Only to finally go out and find the flowers.

So this morning he calls and we talk for a few seconds and he asks to talk to Caleb. Caleb then looks at me, smiles, and runs away! A minute or two later I hear my phone start to ring again. I come out into the family room and Caleb is just smiling as big as can be. I finally find my phone hidden under the pool table (there is a little ledge that you cant see) and with my phone is tulips. Very sweet. So I'm thanking John and he asks to talk to Caleb again and then Caleb takes off running again. This time he goes into his room and comes out smiling and sure enough the phone starts to ring again. I go in and find my phone hidden with a dozen roses. Caleb is just beaming as big as can be and I look at him and ask, "do you want my phone again?" Hes says "yep" snatches my phone and takes off running. I hear the phone again and sure enough I find this huge bouquet hiding with my phone and a card from Caleb. It was very sweet and its nice to enjoy them today on a day that was just going to be a cleaning day before the busy weekend starts.

The best part is I can only imagine John giddy and calling and just dying on the other side of the phone!

Thank you sweet boys!

12 comments:

Lawther family said...

So sweet and what a fun way to share, I am laughing. I can totally see John just all smiles as he lures you to your flowers.
I miss you guys.

SoCal Rogers said...

WOW- How sweet.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Way cute! Good job there boys!

Larry and Leah said...

I can see John coaching Caleb ahead of time and Caleb performing like a champ.

Abbie said...

How sweet, cute, adorable, fun, etc. is that? What a fun thing to do, and like you said, you were able to enjoy them a couple days early.

Grandma Caroline said...

Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful mother! I'm so happy that John loves to have fun with you and you can tell how much he and Caleb love you. I'm grateful he is teaching his son to have good fun too! Of course, they are just reflecting the love that you have in your home for your whole family. I am so proud of your choices to be a mom, there is truly no greater call.

Sara said...

I agree, very sweet.

Sara said...

PS, we can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Very cool. I can just imagine how pumped Caleb was to be in collusion with Dad.

Campbell Family said...

that is so sweet! I can just picture Caleb being all happy and sneaky!

Finley Family said...

that is so CUTE !!!!! I love it! Good Job John!

Megan Bartlett said...

Gorgeous flowers! Sooo fun! I'm so glad your mother's day was such a good one!