Monday, July 28, 2008

I think Im insane

If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...what does that make me as a stay at home mom who spends all day cleaning hoping to keep on top of it and then find that once again its destroyed!!!!!!!!! I had such a great and productive morning. The house was spotless and gleaming. By around noon though I was feeling a lot of pressure so I felt like it was time to take it a little easier. In a few short hours the boys had officially completely trashed the house! How do two small boys makes such a big mess! John came home and honestly it didn't look like I had done a thing all day long! Its a good thing we don't have cable because he seriously might be able to think I had a secret soap opera fix because no mater how hard I work the house stays the same!!!!!

5 comments:

Wheeler Bunch said...

That's why I decided i am not going to clean anymore!:) Just the basics for health reasons!J/k, but a little bit serious...

The Henderson Family said...

I totally know what you mean except I only have one small girl! It doesn't matter how much I do the house never looks clean and organized!

Hailey said...

I understand that feeling! I spent all morning yesterday cleaning and now, a day later, there are crumbs, dog hair, dirt, food and who knows what else on the kitchen floor. It just doesn't end. Oh well!

Megan Bartlett said...

I know exactly how you feel. Just yesterday I was trying to clean up/straight up after coming home from our trip to Nebraska and Luke followed me around the entire house un-doing what I had just done. Very frustrating.

Grandma Caroline said...

Its the arguement the Working mom's use to not stay home. They can't take the mundane, constant, durty job of HOUSECLEANER, COOK, CHAUFFER, TEACHER, MEDIC, PEACEKEEPER, CLERGY, TROUBLESHOOTER, ORGANIZER, PROVIDER, LOVER, SHOPPER, REFEREE, BABY MAKING, BABY CARRYING, HORMONE STRUGGLING, type of life that comes as the Greatest Job on Earth, and one which will be exhonorated in heaven very soon! Its the hardest and most rewarding job you will ever do! Pray for the strenth to keep at it and not get discouraged. My hat goes off to all mothers who read this!