Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A first and last

Today for the first time my kids rode in a clean Walmart cart
Today for the last time my kids rode in a clean Walmart cart!


How did we get to ride in a BRAND NEW cart you ask?

Our Walmart opened today!!!!

Now I am a Walmart shopper but this is the most exciting thing because we now live a mile or so from a Grocery store instead of a 15 mile round trip from the nearest store!I can now "run" to the store!!!

How excited am I really? Well, my friends and I met there and just walked up and down the aisles and ate free hot dogs and tried samples and shopped for a couple of hours! You have to live in a small town to appreciate something like this so much that you literally hang out in the Walmart aisles.

So hooray for Walmart although I do feel bad for our local Lins market. Ive decided that I wont ever price match something from Lins but will always go there if they have a great sale so that way I can support both. I also will go to Lins when they have their food storage and case lot sale and for great priced meat. I really don't want them to go out of business.

7 comments:

Wheeler Bunch said...

Yes! Now we have no reason to ever leave Hurricane again....except for Costco I guess, and the Temple. Do you think we can get one of those soon? You know how Danny is about leaving home, and he seriously thinks we never have to leave Hurricane again.

Campbell Family said...

What an exciting event today! That is super nice that you have one so close for quick errands. I remember when we got the walmart in cedar, we would go and "hang out" there as well because we were so excited! Some of my friends even dared to get their ears pierced at the jewelry counter..
I hear ya about lins. I know my mom always buys her meat at the one in cedar and I hear they have great sales. A little competition for walmart is always good!

SLO Rober said...

I'm so with you on the small town excitement. I can't wait to see Beckham. I'm totally going to steal him from you for the weekend. The other boys are going to be jealous!!!

Grandma Caroline said...

It's so wonderful to hear your child is excited about hanging out in Wal Mart isles, rather than hanging out at nightclubs! I'm thankful for my blessings.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

It was a blast hanging out with you and the girls in the WalMart isles today! haha :) It's sad how much we really were excited for today! haha :)

Sara said...

We're having a Walmart built right by our house as well. There isn't much of anything where we live either, so it will be nice to not have to plan such huge trips for little errands. Just head down the road! So yeah, I totally get your excitement.

Lawther family said...

yes! I am so excited for you, was it total craziness that first day?