Monday, August 27, 2007

Rolling Thunder

If there is one thing I love about living in the desert its the storms. I remember growing up in California waiting and waiting to see some lightening but you rarely could. It was 107 yesterday and totally sunny and then around 6:00 the dark clouds rolled in and the lightening started. Its incredible! It went all night long and between 4 and 7 this morning there were flashes every few seconds and then you would hear the thunder roll. I never knew what that meant until I lived in the desert! I love it. Of course the streets are all flooded and who knows whats happened with our lot. I don't thing they will start the grading today though. Half way though the night we were woken up not by the sound of thunder but by someone throwing up. I ran into the boys room and Davis was throwing up but wasn't waking up. It was the scariest thing ever. I'm so glad John and I heard him because I think he really might have drowned in it since he was on his back. When I did pick him up he started coughing it all back up out of his throat. We got him all cleaned up and Caleb had woken up in the commotion and the thunder was scaring him so I laid down with him in his room. I fell asleep and when the thunder was really loud this morning he would wake up and say, "Mom I'm sick." Up I would jump and run him to the bathroom and he would say "no bed" and then go straight back to bed. So on the sixth or so time of me jumping up with nothing he said, "Mom, I'm sick." Being exhausted I said "its okay honey just go back to" and that's as far as I got before I got it full in the face. Why does that always happen!

8 comments:

The Queen said...

Oh man, that's gross. So sorry about that.
On another note, I'd love to do photos for you! There is a link to my website with my work and prices there on my site. Judy Phan Photography. Thanks! :)

The Queen said...

Or, to make your life easier, I could just tell you the site. haha. It's judyphanphotography.com. Sorry about that.

Kara said...

It must be something in the air. Kate has thrown up every morning for the past three mornings (finally not today). I didn't get it in the mouth, but I sure got it all down the front of me. It was so funny yesterday she picked up a bowl and held it herself. She's a quick learner. Happy cleaning!!

Annie said...

Sounds like quite the experience! Jordan would love those thunderstorms. We haven't had as many this summer as past summer's and he misses them. He lives for weather!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

With all due respect, hat's hilarious Lisa. Can't wait until Kam's old enough to do the same. As for the thunder I always enjoyed that in Utah too, seems like it'd be scary for a child though.

SoCal Rogers said...

NO WAY! That is so crazy. Kids sound like so much fun... I can't wait!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

(actually lisa said, but I can't figure out how to change the name) You are a saint Lis! I've only been thrown up on once so far, and it was before solids so I can't truly empathize, however I have been pooped on on many a occasion.:) That sounds cool about the thunder and lightening -- I always liked that too in Provo. It seemed like it happened every time I moved back after summer, and it was always so crazy that it'd be so hot out and still stormy.

Grandma Caroline said...

You have now been baptised into Motherhood, and I am now getting the hang of this Blog thing. I always loved the thunder too! When I was a kid, the thunder storms in Indiana during the summer used to scare and thrill me at the same time. I remember looking out the window with my sister and then jumping back in bed and snuggling up real close. Aunt Pam was littler than me then.