Monday, June 4, 2012

Treasures

I took a few pictures while camping this trip that really spoke to me. The first was this image.


It might not mean much to some people but for me it brings a flood of emotions. John and I were given the basket 10 years ago for our wedding. I'm not sure who gave it to us, but I loved the basket and the feeling of happy times coming in our marriage it represented. It has red and white gingham inside and leather straps that I love.

We never really used it for picnics, instead it became the basket I keep stocked each summer ready for the weekend when we can head out camping.

When we got to our site in Kolob this last weekend John unloaded it and set it on the ground. As I was walking back to the car, its beauty and the beauty of its setting around us made me smile from ear to ear. It represents so much - summer, family, fun, traditions, and happiness for me.

I also took quite a few images of the boys sleeping and waking in the trailer - another one of my favorite moments. I love the feel of the warmth of the morning, the diffused light coming through the canvas, and the anticipation of what the day brings. These pictures make me smile!







No comments: