Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Karate!

We started Caleb in karate a few weeks ago and we have been so impressed with how great he is doing. He loves it! Not only that but the teacher cant get over how well he concentrates and listens. Hes picking things up so fast and you can tell he really gets a lot of satisfaction out of how much hes learning.

They also were playing the game Kung Foo Kats (each person has two short belts tucked in their belt and you have to try pull the other persons belts outs while protecting yours-kind of like flag football). Caleb rocked! He got low and would pull the other persons belts out before they even could get to his. He beat 4 people in row and you should have seen his smile. He would whip around at me and just beam!

The first video is of him showing some self defense moves that he has learned...although his laugh is truly priceless! The second video is of him counting to ten in Korean. In class they went to teach the new guys how to count to ten and they asked if anyone knew how to do it and Caleb raised his hand. In my mind I thought how cute he wants to participate even if he doesn't know. The called on him and he totally went all the way through the numbers! I was so shocked. Like I said hes picking it up so fast and excelling! I think he got nervous to do it for the camera though.



Doesnt he look handsome in his uniform!

John and I both really like the disciple in Karate and how they teach respect. We have him in Tang Soo Do which is from Korea and its emphasis is in self defence. They also have tenants they recite at the end that I love some of them are..."loyalty to country, obedience to parents, honor, integrity, in battle fight with sense and honor..."

Im really excited that we can have him in something like this...makes donating plasma worth it!

9 comments:

Mae said...

I love the giggles! I hope Caleb never stops giggling!

SLO Rober said...

Go Caleb! We are soooo impressed! Ashhlynn Briggs and Ty are going to want to watch those videos over and over again. Keep up the good work!

Campbell Family said...

How fun for you Caleb! You'll have to teach us some moves when we ever get down there!

Sabrina said...

That was adorable and he is pretty good.

Megan Bartlett said...

Ben and I watched the videos together! We still adore Caleb! He's such a cutie! And Davis is so big walking around! GOsh...I guess time goes on!

Lawther family said...

I am so impressed! Lopaka and i have talked about Karate for our boys... I think we should revisit the idea. I love the video... his giggle is so cute. :)

Karla DeCamp said...

These are wonderful! Everyone in my family heard me listening to the laughs.....so they had me replay it about 6 times! He's a natural!!!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Very cool. What a little stud. I also like how in both videos Davis is in the background trying to get in on the action.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

What a tough stud!