Friday, February 19, 2010

Goodness

I have spent a lot of time seeing the negative in a situation we are involved in.
Its just plain yucky.
The specifics are not important, its what we are learning from it that is.

After my post yesterday I wanted to follow up with a post about the goodness of people. People who know of my struggles and want to help. Who call to see how I'm doing. Who think about me and how they can support me when times are tough. People who have thought about me when they knew what was coming for me and then listened when I needed to talk when it was done. Coming and reading positive comments from people who I know love me.

Most people do have good human nature.

Last night I went over to a friends house, she happens to be my Bishop's wife. They made time for me to come just talk with her and her husband and council with me. Another friend was inspired to recommend that I go see them. It didn't matter that I couldn't come until 9:00 they sat up with me sharing their painful experiences with me as I talked about mine. I was there until almost midnight and my poor Bishop tried to hide his yawns.

It was so enlightening and today I see everything so differently. I was so afraid of doing the wrong thing and making the wrong choice. They helped me realize that my family: John, myself, and the boys are what family really means. They are mine to protect, cherish, and care for. I should never feel guilty for doing what is best for them. For protecting them from negative influences.

John and I still have a lot to talk about but I think the last week has been clarifying and simplicity is starting to form through the web of complication. It doesn't mean that it will be easy and we still have to figure a lot of things out. The backlash might be pretty nasty but this time I think I will have the peace from knowing I have done all I can do. Nothing they can do will ever change the way we feel about each other and that is the most important thing.

Seriously it has been a big roller coaster so far this year. I can see the end in sight. It gives me the courage to keep going. And since I hate that every post seems to be dripping in drama I just wanted to add this sweet picture.

What I wouldn't do for a nap!

3 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

I agree, I think I need a nap. Life always looks so much more sunny when I'm not tired. Have a wonderful day daughter. I love you.

Sarie said...

Dripping in Drama. I like that. That's most days here in my house. Love you Lis.

Sara said...

I love the peaceful feeling I felt while reading this post. You are such an example to me. I wish we lived closer because I'd love to hang out with you all the time.