Saturday, September 22, 2007

Scariest moment of my life &Trusses are up

Today I had by far the scariest moment of my life. I was cooking Chili for our ward party this afternoon and had sat Davis down to eat some grapes while I was cooking. Caleb called me and I went to help him in the family room. When I walked back towards the kitchen Davis was standing there, bright red, eyes bulging with this pleading look in them for me. He was choking and so I put him facing down on my arm and was hitting his back but nothing was helping. I ran out the door to run and get some help and about half way down the driveway I heard a faint cry. So I pounded harder and half a grape came up and I reached in his mouth and started scooping grapes out. He had about 5 grapes shoved in there. It took a bout 30 seconds before we got a real cry out but who knows how long he went before I found him. It just makes you realise how fast life can change on you. Poor John I called him when it was all over but I was hysterical. I mean I was shaking out of control mostly because for a time there I thought I couldnt help him. So John heard me say "Davis was choking....I couldn't save him...sob....sob..." Poor guy! I'm not a great communicator when I'm freaking out.

Here are the trusses up. The first picture is of 2:00 in the afternoon yesterday and the second ones were at 6:00 that night.

6 comments:

SLO Rober said...

Sorry to hear about Davis. Simple little things seem to happen to the most innocent. I'm glad you heard him squeak, understandable you were so shaken up. Not trying to compare stories by any means, but Ashlynn hit Ty in the forehead today with an aluminum bat, swinging, by accident. She felt really bad and actually started crying for him. Made me think as well, how scary and easily things can go bad.

The house looks great. Looks a lot bigger with the walls up and not being on site!

Grandma Caroline said...

Scary moments like that make moms grow old. If you are like me Lisa, then you can handle it while it's happening and then you just completely have a meltdown when it's all over. It's a good thing Heavenly Father loves us and our children, or tradgedy would hit more often than it does. I'm so glad to hear it turned out OK. He was doing that with bananas too, so I started cutting them in slices and only giving him 1 slice at a time. So, he does that a lot. As for the House, it looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it!

The Queen said...

Oh my goodness, how scary! It's such a terrifying feeling and you feel so helpless. Glad he's okay!

Evenson Fam said...

The house looks great!! It is going up so fast!

Charis said...

It's so fun to see the progress they are making on your house. I am sure it is going to be beautiful once it is done - I am looking forward to seeing the final product. It's amazing how fast something like that can go up!!! Happy Home Building :-)

Mark and/or Lisa said...

sorry about davis, poor little guy. and poor mom too. your house is going up so fast!

lisa